For patients who are missing most or all of their teeth, implant-supported dentures offer the most stable, natural-looking form of restoration. Dental implants are tiny posts embedded in the jaw to replace lost tooth roots. Dr. E. Richard Hughes is proud to offer the All-on-4® technique, which involves placing just four implants to fully restore your dental arch. Using this minimally invasive technique, you can arrive at our office with a compromised smile, and leave with a fully restored ability to chew, speak, and smile with confidence. To learn more about whether the All-on-4® method is right for you, contact our Sterling, VA, practice and schedule a consultation with us today.
Understanding the All-on-4® Treatment Concept
The All-on-4® method represents an exciting breakthrough in the field of restorative dentistry. During surgery, Dr. Hughes will use sophisticated diagnostic tools to determine the optimal positioning of just four implants in your jaw to provide incredible support for a full denture. During the same appointment, he can attach an immediate-placement denture. After surgery, you can immediately experience the benefits of a fully restored smile.
More Patients are All-on-4® Candidates
Once teeth are extracted or lost, the surrounding bone tissue will begin to atrophy, or shrink. If a patient delays treatment for a missing tooth, he or she may eventually require a bone graft in order to provide the necessary support for a traditional dental implant. However, many patients who have experienced some degree of bone atrophy are All-on-4® candidates. By placing the implants at a slight angle in the jaw, the All-on-4® method takes full advantage of a patient's existing bone tissue. This allows a greater number of candidates to qualify for implant-supported dentures.
The All-on-4® implant technique can offer a wealth of benefits over other restorative options:
- Reduced recovery time: The minimally invasive nature of the All-on-4® technique reduces your recovery time and minimizes your already low risk of complications.
- Convenience: Traditional implant surgery can require several months of healing before restorations can be placed. The All-on-4® method allows Dr. Hughes to place a fully functional denture the same day as your surgery.
- Aesthetics: Implant-supported dentures rest snugly against the gums and will never shift or loosen while you eat and speak.
- Cost savings: Because it requires only one surgical procedure, the All-on-4® method generally costs less than the cost of receiving conventional implants.
- Enhanced stability: Tilting the two posterior implants allows Dr. Hughes to use longer posts. This increases the bone-to-implant contact, providing greater stability after the posts have fused with the surrounding bone.
All-on-4® has helped many patients improve their quality of life, but the procedure is not right for everyone. To determine whether you are a suitable candidate, Dr. Hughes will perform a thorough evaluation of your overall health, treatment goals, and other important factors.
Learn More during a Consultation
If you are suffering with missing teeth, Dr. Hughes can help you rebuild your smile promptly and effectively. Contact Dr. Hughes' office today to learn more about the All-on-4® method.