Credentials and Memberships
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry (This is board certification, less than 500 worldwide with this designation)
- Honored Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Fellow, American Academy of Implant Prosthodontics
- American Board of Dental Specialties
- Reviewer, Journal of Oral Implantology
- Surgical Staff, INOVA Loudoun Hospital, Leesburg, Va.
Dr. Hughes, with over 23 years of experience in implant dentistry, is a national and international lecturer on numerous topics about implant dentistry, implant surgical demonstrator and clinical investigator.
Sits On The Following
- Part One (written examination) Test Construction Committee, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Oral Examiner: American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry (Testing doctors challenging the Board Certification Examination for Implant Dentistry) and for the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Board of Directors: The American Academy of Implant Prosthodontics, The International Academy of Implants and Transplants
- Editorial Advisory Board: Journal of Implant and Advanced Clinical Dentistry
- Infection Control Committee and Cancer Committee, INOVA Loudoun Hospital, Leesburg, Va.
- American Academy of Implant Prosthodontics
- International Academy of Implants and Transplants
- Vancouver AAID MAXI Course - Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Washington D.C. AAID MAXI Course - Washington D.C.
- Bachelor of Science, Microbiology, University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry, Nashville, Tn.
- Post Doctorate Certificate, Dental Implantology, Howard University School of Dentistry, Washington, D.C.